Monday 26 January 2015

Input Meets... Xavier Miller



Age

Younger than Kid Rock, Keith Urban, Rivers Cuomo of weazer, and Billy Joe from Green Day, older than Justin Bieber

Place of birth

New Haven Ct. same place Jim Morrison got maced and arrested for indecent exposure


Current residence ?


Los Angeles Ca which needs no introduction

What genre of music do you listen to mostly ?



 
Mostly Rock, Country, Classic Rock, I do listen to all genres, from the early blues to some modern pop, you know I listen to a lot of different music


What was the first album you ever brought ?



Black Sabbath  "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" my father took it back because he said it was sac religious that's OK I love my father and of course I brought it again like we do ..great record...



First concert ?


It was KISS, with Ted Nugent opening up, that guy is a madman

Have you been to the UK ?


Yes, lay over I stayed at The St. Giles Hotel in London, played at the bar there, then walked around amazed at the old architecture, especially the churches, wow amazing, then took off to the old soviet union Uzbekistan, and rocked the casbah!


You performed your music for the troops stationed in the middle east, what was that like ?



Amazing, going from base to base in Afghanistan, I had the best security the U.S. army, great shows, great audience, it was very rewarding performing for them, they are the hero's, and it was a rough time for them, it was Christmas time.






Where do you perform in the states ?


I've performed all over the states, my favourite places to play though, are on the Sunset Strip, like The Viper Room, The Whiskey A Go Go, The Roxy, I also loved The Key Club, and Cat Club, both have closed down which is a scary trend. You know I perform a lot when I'm performing, right now I am focusing on making the new record..


Tell us about the new record

Well I'm recording it in Burbank California, co producing it with my friend Linous Bernal I have amazing talent on it, like my friend Kellii Scott playing drums who is a member of the band Failure, great band who is doing amazing. Also another great friend, blues legend Malcom Lukans plays organ and bass on keyboard, Malcom also played on all those great Roy Buccanon records, its going to be a great album everyone loves the songs..


Who are the greatest supporters of your music?

 Well my family , and so many friends, like everyone I just mentioned who's working on this record, and of coarse the fans, they are the ones who really keep you going, also Joe Steals who played guitar in Lizzy Borden's  Starwood, who I co produced the last album with "The Last Song On Radio" which you can get today on iTunes. Joe moved to Mexico and is producing  records over there, he also helps me with my website and some social media stuff, great guy...


What was the name of the first song you wrote, what was it about, and what inspired you to write it ?

It was called My First Girlfriend, it went, if you saw her you would go wild yeah yeah yeah yeah, I was like 7 years old, I didn't have a girlfriend, chased a lot of them around the playground though, I'm not sure what inspired me, I was already listening to my moms Beatles albums, so I'd have to say, The Beatles inspired me, hey they were from Liverpool!




Do you set targets for yourself to reach ?
  
I do set targets, I want to have four songs recorded and mastered by April, then I will set performing goals. I am also writing a song for a movie which I need to have ready to record by February, other than that, I just write when I feel it, and if I feel blocked, I will set aside a timed 30 minutes, to just write and not judge it, till something magical happens..


                                                      






Check out Xavier Millers Social Media Sites Here



Website : http://www.xaviermillerofficial.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xaviermillerofficial

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC57XMImf5vU1lFLVTzI6pPg/?sub_confirmation=1

Google+: +Xavier Miller

Twitter: @xaviermiller

Don't Forget to like, follow and subscribe for more interviews and videos of the best up and coming musicians from around the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment